Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Salsa Chicken

I believe I've mentioned before that I like things easy and here's another easy crock pot recipe I found at Crockin' Girls.com.  I tweaked it a bit of course, but it was still so simple,  my oldest son fixed it while I was working.

Here's your list of ingredients:
       4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
       1 pckg taco seasoning mix (I used my homemade mix)
       1 can cream of mushroom soup
       1 cup Picante sauce
       1/2 cup sour cream
       1 can corn (do not drain)
    
Put the chicken in the slow cooker.  Mix the taco seasoning, soup, corn, and picante sauce in a bowl then pour over the chicken.  Cook on low for 8 hours. Mix in the sour cream just before serving.  Serve over rice. 
I ate it just as described, so did the kiddos.  Hubby likes things spiced up a bit,  so he added cheddar cheese,  salsa, and more sour cream.  Also, I think next time this is fixed,  I'll add some black beans in there.  Otherwise,  another crock pot recipe well done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment