Thursday, March 22, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning

It's taco night and I don't have a kit,  OH NO!!!!  No problem!  My sister-in-law makes her own taco seasoning, so I go searching.  Unfortunately,  I couldn't find hers,  but I did find one I had all the spices for, so doesn't hurt to try right?  The kids declared it a success and hubby said it was better than the mix in the kit (just like the taco sauce).  No more taco kits in this house.

Simply mix together:
     1 tbsp. chili powder
     2 tsp. onion powder
     1 tsp. each ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, powdered oregano and sugar
     1/2 tsp. salt

Once you've browned and drained your hamburger, add your homemade taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water.  Mix it up and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Then serve with your favorite taco fixings.

No comments:

Post a Comment