Thursday, March 1, 2012

Honey Whole Wheat Bread

One of my biggest weaknesses is bread!! I'll admit it.  That is the first step to getting help, right?  This one can't be all that bad, though.  It's WHOLE WHEAT!!!!  Well???   It was very tasty. 

Fresh out of the bread machine.  Mmmmmmmmmm....... And yes, I've already cut myself a piece.  If I don't,  I won't get any.   I think I need another bread machine to make two loaves at a time. 

This one is simple.  Here's what you need to make a 2 lb loaf:
             1 1/2 cups warm tap water
             1/2 cup honey
             1 tablespoon oil
             1 teaspoon salt
             4 cups whole wheat flour
             2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Measure the ingredients into the bread machine in the order listed.  Make a well in the flour and sprinkle the yeast into it.  Set the machine to it's whole wheat cycle and press start.  How easy was that?  When it's finished, take the bread out and let cool before slicing.  This will be gone in no time flat.  Guess I'd better get started on another loaf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment