Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pollen, Pollen Everywhere!!

I've heard the pollen count is more than double it's normal numbers.  I guess we can attribute that to the warmer than usual winter as well.  It is wreaking havoc on my poor little Princess though.  Yesterday,  she came in from playing outside and this is what her poor little face looked like. I didn't even take any pictures of her hives, but you can see them starting on her neck. :( Poor baby!!
I have to admit, I got a little excited for a minute (and I'm not usually an excitable type mom).  However,  I know that facial swelling, as an allergic reaction, is not a good thing.  Bless her heart, she felt miserable too.  I quickly put her in the shower and gave her a double dose of Benadryl, hoping to help with the itching.   So what if she sleeps a little longer, she felt awful with the itching, her little lip doubled in size, and her eyes all swollen.  We can't wait until all this pollen is gone.  She is pretty much stuck in the house until that happens.  She is NOT at all happy about that.

Daddy did make it a little better by bringing her home a caramel egg.  He's so sweet!  Such a good daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment