Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cran-Apple Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes

I'm back in crock pot mode.  This one sounded a little different, so thought I'd give it a try.  Hubby and I liked it,  the kids ate it (but I don't always count them cause' they're so picky).  It was also very simple to put together. 
Here's what you need:
         1 cup applesauce
         2 tablespoons honey
         3-4 sweet potatoes peeled and sliced (about 4 cups sliced)
         2 1/2 pounds of pork chops or cutlets
         1 (20 oz) can whole cranberry sauce ( I made my own)


 Pour the applesauce in the bottom of the crock pot,  place the sliced sweet potatoes on the applesauce and drizzle with the honey or brown sugar.

  Place your pork chops on top of the sweet potatoes salt and pepper lightly.



Then, pour the cranberry sauce on top covering the pork chops.  Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours.  Mine cooked 7.5 hours and it was a little too long, so you might start checking at 6 hours and see.  Everything had a cran-apple taste, even the sweet potatoes.  Plus,  it was easy on the diet.  We will be eating this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment