Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back To School Countdown

For those of you who don't know me personally, this is my 4th year homeschooling. A little background, after struggling to keep the bills paid and the three older kids in Christian School, my husband and I decided to try homeschooling. The first year was an absolute learning experience. The second year went a little smoother, but also involved the birth of my fifth child right at the beginning of the school year. Last year I finally felt like things were coming together, and I already had in my mind what I wanted to change for this year......So, I'm going to do this countdown in a serious of posts. The first being, getting my classroom back!!

When I first started homeschooling, I had a room in the basement that I cleaned out and used as our classroom. At the end of our 2008-2009 school-year, my husband decided to remodel our entire basement in an effort to give us more usable space. He decided to put the master bedroom and bathroom and another bedroom in the basement as well as a laundry room. Then, I would have one of the rooms upstairs as a classroom. Well, the master bedroom and bath is FINALLY finished. It only lacks a coat of paint and the carpet (minor details).

Long story short, in the next two weeks, my husband has to work full-time, paint two rooms, move bedroom furniture and whatever else I think of. I just don't have high hopes for all of that to get done. None-the-less, I will be starting school the Tuesday after Labor Day, even if it's at the kitchen table like last year. The bright side is, that by the end of this year, I will have a designated class room for our little homeschool.

Part two will be my curriculum plan. I'd better get things started. Lots to do in the next couple of weeks; 4 different grade levels make for a lot of materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment