Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Homemade Nesquik Powder

My family LOVES chocolate milk.  We go through about a gallon of milk per day with most of it being in the form of chocolate milk.  

Baby Samuel has a cup full EVERY morning.  It's the first thing he asks for when he gets up.  You can imagine my horror one morning when there wasn't any left!!  How do you explain that to an impatient 2 year old???  
Does that look like a patient face??  I think NOT!!!

I immediately got on the internet and found this recipe for some homemade Nesquik powder.  SCORE!!!  

I gave him, Mini-Me, both of the Princesses, and Mr Helper a cup and NO ONE knew the difference.  That means, this is my new chocolate powder.  I haven't figured out if it's any cheaper,  but I know and can pronounce ALL of the ingredients in it!!

All you need is:
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
pinch of salt

Place the ingredients in an airtight container and shake, shake, shake!!!  
A triple batch will fill a 1 pt mason jar according to the blog I found it at.  I use a MUCH BIGGER container as we go through a LOT of this in a week!!!

The blog site I found this at said you need to dissolve the powder with a bit of warm water and then add the milk.  I did that with the older kiddos milk, but didn't have to in the sippy cups (I shake them to mix).  So go ahead,  enjoy a big ole glass of chocolate milk.  I think I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment