Monday, December 19, 2011

7 Layer Bars

Let the Christmas baking begin.  Well, it began on Saturday:) so, let it continue.  I have a few recipes I'll post later that are my constants, but every year I like to try something new.  This year, I tried 3 new recipes for our family.  Here's one I got from my sister:

Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars Recipe:

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup butterscotch flavored chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9 inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loose from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds.
For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan with foil, extending over edge of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray. After bars have baked and cooled, lift up by edges of foil to remove from pan. Cut into individual bars.

You can use what ever kind of chips you like as long as they measure out 2 cups.  I used butterscotch, white chocolate, and milk chocolate.  Delicious.





I didn't get a picture before they were cut into :(  Gotta be fast around this house.  They were pretty good and not too difficult to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment