Friday, December 2, 2011

Grandma's Famous Pumpkin Pie

 I learned something very interesting while visiting family in WV.  You know those "famous" family secret recipes,  well we always thought Grandma had one of those for her pumpkin pie.  My sister-in-law had asked for her "famous pumpkin pie" recipe many, many times.  Seeing as Grandma is getting up in years, I guess she finally decided to share.  Funny thing, Grandma handed her a Libby's pure pumpkin can and turned it around to the recipe on the back.  The very recipe I have been using since I started making Thanksgiving dinner IS Grandma's "secret" recipe.  Who would have thought???  We still think there is something she adds but just won't tell us!!!   Guess it just goes to show that things aren't always what you think them to be.


Regardless, I had a wonderful time in WV.  This was the first year I got to fix dinner for my entire family.  I think I did a pretty good job and the pumpkin pie was delicious.  LOL.  My grandma even complimented my turkey (there's one for the memory books).  I guess you have probably figured out,  I don't really like "secret family recipes" .  If I find a recipe I like, I'll post it on here.  I can't take these recipes with me when I'm gone, and what good are they if my children and their children can't fix them just like me.  Those are the memories I love, teaching my children the things my mom taught me.

I hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving and remembered to stop and take a moment to thank God for all our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment