Thursday, October 17, 2013

Amazing Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin

I LOVE my crock pot!!  It makes things so easy on my busy days.  I should use it more often!!  Last week, I veered from my menu plan and tried this pork tenderloin recipe I found.   I'm usually not a fan of pork, because it's so hard for me to fix without being tough or dry!!  I made just a couple of changes,  but the results were still AMAZING!!!!!

Here's what you need:
          2-3 pound pork tenderloin
          1 tsp garlic powder
          salt and pepper
          1 envelope onion soup mix (I use homemade)
          1 cup water
          1 cup chicken broth
          3 tbsp soy sauce

Use salt, pepper, and garlic powder to make a rub for the pork.  I didn't give specific amounts, because I didn't measure.  I just sprinkled and rubbed it into the pork.

 Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and sear the pork before putting it in the crock pot.  While the pork is browning in the skillet;  whisk together the  water, chicken broth, and soy sauce.

Once the pork is seared, place it in the crock pot and pour the dry onion soup mix over it.  While the skillet is still hot,  pour the liquid mixture in and stir it around to get all the flavors from searing the meat.  Then, pour that over the pork.


 The original recipe called for this to be cooked on low for 4 hours.  However on my crock pot, the 4 hour setting is high.  I went ahead and used the 4 hour setting and it came out absolutely delicious.

My hubby and oldest child was into this before it ever got to the table.  It was also requested again the next day.  Unfortunately,  there weren't any leftovers to be had!!!  This recipe is definitely a keeper!!!  I paired it with some roasted potatoes and glazed carrots.  DELICIOUS Sunday afternoon meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment