Friday, June 20, 2014

Asian Glazed Carrots

We love Japanese hibatchi chicken and steak.  However,  like everything else, my family gets tired of the same ole thing.  So,  to change things up a bit, I change out the veggies.  I remembered one time getting glazed carrots at a Japanese steakhouse and they were yummy!!

I found this recipe and just tweaked it a bit.  Here's what you need:
(As usual, I forgot an item in the pic. Can you guess which one?)
 

                1 pound of carrots (sliced into 1/2 inch rounds)
                2 TBSP butter
                1 cup chicken broth
                1 TBSP maple syrup
                2 tsp soy sauce
                1/2 tsp garlic powder
                1 tsp olive oil
                1/4 tsp ginger powder

1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the carrots and stir around in butter until coated.
3.  Combine chicken broth, maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic powder, olive oil, and ginger powder then add to the skillet.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and let cook uncovered for about 10 minutes.  The carrots should be soft and the liquid should be reduced to a syrupy glaze. 

 
You can use these as just a side dish,  or I combine them with my hibachi chicken.  Either way,  they are good.


  

1 comment: