Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandma

Well, for a few reasons, August is one of my favorite months of the year. One of them is my grandma's birthday. The picture is of me and my Grandma taken just last month. The family is having a little Birthday party for her this weekend, wish I could go :( She is 91 years old and one of my favorite people in the world (even though sometimes we disagree on things). I remember as a child all the many days and nights we spent at her house. She would take us to McDonald's, Chuck E Cheese (back when there was one in Bridgeport), and then take her old Ford Maverick and drive very fast down the airport road in Motown(there were speed bumps on there and we would fly up in the air). We would spend Friday nights at her house watching tv and eating popcorn, then Saturday morning she would fix us breakfast after letting us sleep in as late as we wanted. That was what Grandma's did right? Some super fun childhood memories at Grandma's house.

She's obviously not feeling so spry these days. She has lost a daughter and her husband and many days doesn't feel very well. I don't know how much longer we will be blessed with her presence here on Earth, but she assures me I will see her again in Heaven and that's what matters to me. Though I live in SC, and can not celebrate her birthday with her, I wish her a blessed and Happy Birthday. I know she'll enjoy her little party!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment