Thursday, October 13, 2011

Apple Crumb Cake

It's fall, and I have apples everywhere.  We do eat a lot of apples, but like everything else, they go in phases.  There are days my kids will eat the whole bag and then there are times they sit and go bad.  I had probably 20 apples on my counter, thanks to my friend who brought me some from NC,  so I thought I'd try a new recipe.  My dinner plan was a little skimpy, so add some dessert.  It was delicious.

Here's what you need for the cake:
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pt. sliced apples

Mix first 6 ingredients together well.  Fold in apples. Pour into greased 13 X 9 inch pan.

Now, my favorite part, the crumb topping. Mmmmmm.

1 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 c. melted butter

Combine first 4 ingredients in bowl, then slowly add butter while mixing to make mix crumbly.  Sprinkle on top of cake batter and bake at 350 degrees fro 45 minutes.


I believe I said before DELICIOUS.  I'm thinking it would also be very good with blueberries in the spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment