Thursday, October 6, 2011

Brown Sugar Chicken

 In my search for easy prep meals that I can throw in the crock pot, I ran across this brown sugar chicken recipe on Crock Pot Girls facebook page.  The kids think I'm addicted to crock pot cooking at the moment, but I tend to do things in cycles.  Right now it's the crock pot, before that grilling everything and deep fried, etc., etc..  So, here's what you need:


4 boneless chicken breasts ( cut into pieces)  go ahead and throw them in the crock pot.




Combine:  1 cup brown sugar                 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
                 1/2 cup 7-up
                 1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic (the
                          original recipe called for 3 tbs)
                 2 tablespoons soy sauce
                 1 small onion chop (I used onion
                         powder instead)


Then, pour over the chicken pieces.



Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Mine cooked a little long and I dried out the chicken on top, so I would go with  no longer than 6 hours.  It was still delicious.
         
              Serve over rice or pasta.  I chose rice and steamed some broccoli and corn to serve with.



 Make sure you pour the sauce over the rice or pasta.  I think that's the best part.



1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious!! And, there's nothing wrong with a crockpot supper!

    ReplyDelete