Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chicken Giardino (My Version)

One of my favorite restaurants is Olive Garden.  Unfortunately,  they took my favorite dish , chicken giardino,  off their menu.  Don't get me wrong,  there are many other dishes there that I like and  I will continue to eat there.

I found a recipe online that sounded very similar.  I did a little adding and subtracting of ingredients and now have a dish that is VERY similar to Olive Garden's chicken giardino!!

Here's what you need:
       4-6 chicken breasts
       1/4 cup butter
       1 package of dry Italian salad dressing
       1 can cream of chicken soup  (you could also use cream of mushroom)
       1/2 cup of dry white wine
       5 oz. Philadelphia cooking cream Italian cheese and herb
       1 box bow tie pasta
        Vegetables of your choice (I used peas and corn this time)
 
Another bonus,  this is a crock pot recipe.  You simply throw it together,  enjoy the aroma all day,  and then eat up!!!

1.  Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot
2.  Combine the cream of chicken soup,  white wine, cooking cream, and package of Italian salad dressing in a bowl and pour over the chicken.
3.  Cut the butter into pats and place into the crock pot as well.
4.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours

I added canned peas and corn (drain some of the liquid) a couple hours before the chicken would be finished.  You can add whatever you like.  Next time,  I think I'll add snap peas, carrots, and broccoli.  Of course,  squash and zucchini would taste very good too.  The options are unlimited!!!  

Prepare your pasta just before time to eat.  Combine the chicken dish and pasta and serve.  Sprinkle some shredded parmesan cheese over the top and serve with some garlic bread,  delish!!!

Sorry for a not so great pic.  I didn't remember to take one until I was putting the leftovers away.  I have to work on that.

I also might mention, my 14 year old fixed this!  That's just how easy it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment