Monday, February 18, 2013

Homemade Shake N Bake

Baked chicken was my mom's go-to meal growing up.  She always had chicken in the freezer and Shake N Bake in the cabinets. YUMMY!!!

So, when Hubby suggested baked chicken for dinner one night, I immediately thought of mom's dinner.

Problem?  I didn't have any shake n bake!!

Solution:  Mix up my own.  I got online and found a recipe that sounded good and gave it a go.

Here's what you'll need:
       4 cups dry bread crumbs
       1/3 cup vegetable oil
       1 tbsp salt
       1 tbsp paprika
       1 tbsp celery salt
       1 tsp ground black pepper
       1/2 tsp garlic salt
       1/2 tsp minced onion
       1/4 tsp minced onion
       1 pinch dried basil leaved
       1 pinch dried parsley
       1 pinch dried oregano

1. Combine all ingredients into a large resealable plastic bag.  Seal bag and shake all ingredients together.

Use as much as needed at a time and store the rest in the fridge.  I was able to cut up and coat 4 whole chickens (not all at once of course) .

Delicious - They started eating before it was even on the table!!!

I will NEVER buy packets of Shake N Bake again!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment