Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Homemade Laundry Detergent

With a family of 8, laundry is an EVERYDAY chore.  I'm talking 2-3 loads EVERY DAY!!  Now,  a moment of honesty - I HATE laundry!!  I don't mind throwing the loads in the washer, or even switching it over to the dryer.  However, folding and putting them away are not on my list of fun things to do (of course, I don't think any household chores are on that list).

Let's do some math now!  The average bottle of detergent that does around 80 loads costs between $10-$15 depending on what kind you buy (of course you can use coupons and B1G1 deals, but I'm just going with the normal/average cost). At my rate of doing laundry, I was buying one of those bottles about every 2 weeks. I would spend around $20.00/month (I did use coupons and looked for B1G1 deals).  

Now,  another moment of honesty, I was a bit leery of using a homemade detergent.  We live in the land of red dirt, and my kids like to get DiRtY!! Oh, did I mention my boys play football, and I'm responsible for cleaning their jerseys?  Yeah,  that can be a job sometimes!!!  So,  I went into this fully expecting to have to go back to my normal detergent.  I am happy to say that NEVER happened!!  I made my first batch on November 16, 2013 ( I only know this because I wrote the date on the top of the bucket, I do NOT have that good of a memory)  and am using the last of it this week.  That is 5 months for a family of 8.

What did it actually cost?  I spent around $27.00 (that included the one time cost of the 5 gallon bucket to store it in).  Not bad, huh?  If you google homemade laundry detergent,  you will find several different combinations.  This is the one I used this first time, and I love it.  


Here are all the ingredients you need.  The step by step instructions with pictures are on the website I linked you to earlier.  Simply put,  using a kitchen grater, grate the bars of zote soap and then mix all the ingredients together in your 5 gallon bucket.  After it is all mixed together, you can scoop out enough to fill up the purex crystals bottle to sit on you washer for use.  The lid for the crystals is what I use to measure the detergent.

I love the detergent and I love the money I save with it!! I will be looking for other things I can make myself around the house to save me money!!!  

1 comment:

  1. 台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室
    台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室
    台灣辣妹視訊聊天室-一對多聊天室福利
    成人視訊-午夜激情直播間
    性愛視訊-午夜視頻聊天軟件
    85街-裸體美女視頻(無內褲)
    85街論壇85st-色情真人秀場聊天室
    85街免費影片收看-大尺度真人秀場聊天室
    85街官網-視頻啪啪免費聊天室
    85街官網st論壇-能看啪啪真人聊天室
    語音聊天室免費房間網頁美女聊天室美女真人視訊聊天室性交電影免費在線免費麻辣視訊聊天
    可樂視頻多人聊天室寂寞女找床友愛聊天室亂倫圖片小說裸體美女視頻無遮擋免費麻辣視訊
    7聊語音聊天免費床友交友網臨時夫妻qq群情色人妻激情小說成人狠狠擼影院hot辣妺視訊網
    7聊視頻聊天語音聊天成都美女約炮群床友網狠狠射亂倫小說亂倫亞洲色圖免費視訊 173 live
    七聊視頻語音聊天室約炮論壇愛聊語音聊天室97ai蜜桃色小說美女圖片live 173免費視訊

    ReplyDelete