Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Maple Orange-Glazed Pork Chops


Being tired of the same ole' things, I've been trying some new recipes. Some I've liked, some, not so much!! However, this one was great. I've always had trouble with pork chops, unless they were fried. That method though is not so good for my waist line. So, this summer, I've been grilling almost everything. These had a great flavor and I managed to not over cook them.

Printed from Pork Chop Recipes at http://www.porkchoprecipes.net/
Maple and orange are spiced up with a dash of chili powder to create a saucy glaze worthy of any grilled
meat. Cooked until just done, these juicy chops are perfect served alongside a crispy salad and fruity dessert.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons orange juice
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 pork chops, 1-inch thick

Directions:
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, orange juice, and chili powder.
3. Season both sides of chops with salt and pepper and brush generously with glaze.
4. Place on grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, until no longer pink.
Author: Kim Stakal

Don't those look delicious? They sure were. I served them with the caramelized butternut squash, green beans and corn on the cob. Delicious and nutritious dinner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment