Thursday, July 15, 2010

On The Road Again! Travel Tip #1



In the past two months, we have logged over a thousand miles on the interstate. Though our residence is in South Carolina, our "hearts" are in WV. Most of our family still reside there, and during the summer months, we spend a lot of time going back and forth. Yesterday, hubby and I traveled back up to pick up the kiddos. Our two boys are at camp and the little girls stayed with Grandma. Our traveler this time though was our German Sheperd, Bella.

Now usually, I travel with a bag (for car sickness), a roll of paper towels and some type of cleaner. I have a little girl that gets car sick and has since she was just a newborn, poor thing. But, I didn't grab all of that stuff since the kiddos weren't with us. BIG MISTAKE!!!!! Bella has traveled with us every time we've come to WV since we got her last August. However, this time, she evidently got into the garbage the night before and ate the leftover squash and carrots. Needless to say, going 70+mph on the interstate did not agree with her. So, because of my lack of preparedness, we had to stop at a gas station (in a not so nice area) and buy paper towels and some cleaner. LESSON LEARNED, even though we did not have kiddos, I have decided to make a little caddy with garbage bags, paper towels, and carpet/fabric cleaner, and just keep it in the van at ALL times. I'm also thinking that I need to be sure and put the garbage out of puppy reach the night before :)

No comments:

Post a Comment