Friday, April 15, 2011

Strict Bed Rest

Well, it's happened. I had another doctor appointment this am and landed myself on strict bed rest with bathroom privileges. They did an ultrasound and baby looks good. He scored an 8 out of 8. I however, did not do so well. I have been diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. We were expecting this and I have a wonderful OB doctor who has watched me very carefully, so I tend to listen to her.

So, here's the plan right now. As I said before, I have been placed on strict bed rest with only bathroom privileges. I have to have blood work done every week as well as a 24 hour urine. We will be induced the first week in May (unsure of exact date right now) and they mentioned putting me in the hospital the week before that to do an amniocentesis and make sure baby's lungs are mature and give steroids if necessary.

So, though my beloved husband has a lot on his plate, he just got some more added. I can't do any housework, laundry, meal prep, shopping, etc., etc. You get the picture. Bless his heart. He is an amazing man. And of course, we have the 5 children at home all day and my older ones are very helpful, they will have to step up to the plate and help out too.

I'm not one to sit around a lot and do nothing (I have 5 children even if I wanted to, I can't). So, I've been reading online about bed rest and I've gotten a few good ideas. First, some much needed catch up on reading time. I love to read, just don't usually have time to do it. Sadly, I haven't thought much past that. I spend a good deal of time on Children's Church prep, so I can get a few weeks ahead on that. And, since I didn't get the seasonal clothing change out done, I will be directing that from my bed:) Hope the kiddos are ready for all of this. I'm not sure I am.

Please keep us in your prayers. We want to at least get to 37 weeks for the baby's health, but don't want to place my health in extra danger, so I will be very obedient to doctor's orders. Not an easy thing for a medical professional I must say. Will keep you all posted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment