Saturday, April 2, 2011

Two Steppin Tenderloin

It has been a great week!! My dad came down from WV to help us get some stuff done in the basement. He didn't get a lot done, but enjoyed his visit with his grandkids anyway (which was our motive to start with). We wish he would visit more often, he seems to do so much better when he is with family. It has been some hard times for him since my mom passed away almost 3 years ago. So, as a "reward" I fixed a recipe that he had seen on tv and wanted to try - two steppin' tenderloin.

He had seen it on a cowboy cooking show on RFD-tv, a channel I had not even heard of. However, he was smart enough to write the website down and I checked it out (I should have written it down too, because I cannot find it right now). It was actually very good and extremely simple.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Heat an ovenproof, non-stick skillet over medium heat (I used my cast iron skillet).

Now, all you need are tenderloin steaks cut 1-1 1/2 inches thick (we used sirloins). Season them to your tastes before you start, I used garlic salt, onion salt and pepper(you could also use any type of seasoning packets).

Place those seasoned steaks in the skillet and brown for 2 minutes on each side.

Then, place the skillet into preheated oven (I put the lid on mine so the grease and oil would not splash everywhere). Cook for 13 to 18 minutes depending on how you like your steaks. I prefer medium well and dad and hubby prefer medium, so I took theirs out at 14 minutes and left mine in until about 16 minutes. **You will have to watch your times and adjust based on your oven. My oven lately has not been heating as well it seems, so I have to add minutes.
Dad and hubby's steaks came out nice and brown on the outside, but pink/red in the middle. PERFECT!!! They were nice and tender. The only thing I will change next time is more seasoning on the outside. Load those steaks up! I want to try the Montreal seasoning next time. Serve with your favorite sides and YUM!!!! Our favorite sides are usually homemade french fries and some type of beans.

I love grilled steaks, but can't always use the grill. These were a very good way to do them indoors. Now that grill season is here, we'll probably go to that. I will however, definitely keep this recipe handy for the colder seasons:)

No comments:

Post a Comment