Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Grilled Salmon

ANOTHER grill recipe!!

I love Copper River's grilled salmon!!  I don't however love the big dent it puts in my budget to have to go there to get it.  

So,  here's what I found:  It takes a little forethought,  but the recipe is pretty simple.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets
lemon pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar,  water, and vegetable oil in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.

Season the salmon fillets with the lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.  Place the salmon fillets in a large resealable bag and pour 3/4 of the soy sauce mixture over them.  Place in the fridge to marinate for at least two hours turning occasionally to coat both sides.  Place the remaining soy mixture in the fridge as well until you're ready to grill.

Preheat your grill for medium heat.

Lightly oil the grill grate.   I used a smoked cedar plank that I got with a to go order from Copper River!!  (I only have one,  so I think it's time for another carry out order.)  Place skin side up for the first 5-6 minutes,  then flip the fillets.  Once the skin side is down,  use the remaining marinade to brush over the tops of the fillets for the remaining 6-8 minutes of grill time.

The fillets are ready when it flakes easily with a fork. 


Seriously delicious and so close to my favorite recipe at Copper River.  Serve with a side of the grilled sweet potatoes,  a baked potato, some buttered rice, or some fried rice.  Any way you choose,  it will taste great!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment