Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sausage Mini Quiche

One of my goals this week was to find nutritious, protein packed breakfast recipes for my dad while he was here.  This one I found on the Jimmy Dean site was by far the favorite.  Did I mention, it was also easy?  You know how I like easy.  So simple,  my dad will be able to make it.

Here's the version my kiddos will eat:
           1 pkg Jimmy Dean Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
           10 eggs
           1/4 cup milk
           1/4 tsp ground black pepper
           1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese

Add the following to make it like it's suppose to be:
            1 cup fresh chopped mushrooms
            1/2 cup green bell pepper (I used the sweet red bell peppers)
            1/2 cup sliced green onions ( I just used a sweet onion)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook sausage, mushrooms, and bell pepper in large skillet (I did the onions in this too) over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently: drain.

          
Beat eggs, milk and black pepper in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended.  Stir in sausage mixture, cheese, and onion (if you didn't cook with the sausage).

Line cupcake pans with foil baking cups or spray muffin cups with cooking spray.  Spoon mixture evenly into baking cups.  It made 12 mini quiches with just the sausage mix and 15 when I added the mushrooms, onions, and peppers.  
 Bake 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  My oven took a full 25 minutes,  but check them at 18.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
One of the best things about this for my dad was you can put them in the fridge and just warm them up when you want more.  Since it's just him,  he can make a batch and eat all week.  

This recipe was a winner and definitely will be repeated here at my house and at my dad's.

No comments:

Post a Comment