Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Anytime Fruit Plate and YUMMY Fruit Dip

Well, it's a beautiful day and it's making me want spring and summer to come all that much faster. Of course, during that time of year, one of our favorite things to keep around is a fruit plate. All of us LOVE fruit and we will eat it most anytime during the day: breakfast, lunch or supper. I try to keep one together most of the time. I try during winter too, but it's a little more expensive and not as much varity. Either time though, it empties out fast. I try to get whatever is on sale to keep the grocery budget down. It makes it easy on those mornings when I just don't want to get up and "fix" anything (not that I usually fix a big breakfast). The kids will gobble this down in no time flat. Then, just replenish what is missing and pull it back out for lunch. EASY, EASY, EASY!!!!

Now comes my favorite part, the fruit dip. I wish I had a picture, but I'm usually too busy eating it to stop and take a picture. It's very simple, not so much healthy, but DELICIOUS!!! All you need is a jar of marshmallow fluff and a 8 oz container of spreadable strawberry cream cheese. Mix them together and place in the fridge until ready to serve with the fruit. YUMMY!! Stole that little easy recipe from my mother-in-law. I take this to church functions, family parties, anything and it ALWAYS disappears. I think I may have to start making two when I do that cause I always get upset that there isn't any left for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment