Monday, February 14, 2011

From Fridge to Table in About 30 Minutes

If you're like me, you're one busy mom!! Some days, you just don't have all day or even an hour to get supper on the table. Here's a simple, easy and tasty meal that just does not take a lot of prep or time (esp. if you get your kids helping). First thing I did was get my boys peeling potatoes, doesn't take long with both of them on it. Get your green beans (seasoned to your tastes - I use a little butter, bacon grease, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper), corn (again season to your tastes) and water boiling for the mac n cheese (we prefer homemade, but again TIME). Once you have all that on the stove, smother your pork chops in some bar-b-cue sauce (we prefer Sweet Baby Ray's). Bake those pork chops on 350 for 20-25 minutes. When that's done, your beans and corn will be ready, your mac-n-cheese should be done and your potatoes ready to mash. We try to avoid a lot a bread at the dinner table (esp when we're loaded with carbs anyway), but if you want, throw in some crescent rolls and enjoy!!

This is one of our favorite meals!!! Hubby and the kids love it and I love the simplicity of it.

My father would be mortified at the knowledge that there isn't any gravy on this table with mashed potatoes. However, most of my family either eat them plain or put their corn on the potatoes.


There are only three pork chops cause my girls don't eat them, and I was recovering from the stomach virus this day. The boys gobbled them up though. Absolutely no leftovers from this meal.

Enjoy a simple and tasty meal that's easy to prepare!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment