Thursday, February 3, 2011

24 week Prenatal Appt.


Today was my 24 week check-up and let me tell you, I was a little nervous. At my last appointment, my protein in my urine was just shy of the dreaded preeclampsia diagnosis, my blood pressure was creeping up, and the word BEDREST was thrown out there. Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a little relaxation, but I CANNOT afford to go out on bedrest this early. So, I put our prayer warriors at church, friends and family to work. The Bible says in John 14:13-14 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

I said all that to say this, How many times do I underestimate God's power? Especially since I know better!! I went in expecting things to be okay, but God gave me much better. My protein in my urine actually went DOWN. That's right, down. I had expected it to not go up, but down? My kidney funtions and liver functions were ALL normal. I must admit I was surprised, and to my shame, I should NOT have been. God is able. There's no need to doubt. The Bible clearly says if I ask in His name, He will do it. Nuff said!!!

Just want to add the chorus to one of my favorite songs our choir sings:

GOD STILL ANSWERS PRAYER___
IN HIS TIME HE’LL WORK A MIRACLE
HE WILL NEVER FAIL.
SATAN HAS LOST THE BATTLE
WHEN TO THE LORD YOU HUMBLY BOW
GOD STILL AN-SWERS PRAYER!

No comments:

Post a Comment