Here's what you'll need:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I used a red and orange)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degress. Place the chicken strips in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
3, Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
4. Add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
5. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
6. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.
I loved the fact I could mix it all together, put it in the oven and have 20-25 minutes to do other things (set the table, make some tea, cut up the lettuce and tomatoes for toppings, etc., etc.). It was a win - win recipe for this busy mom!!