Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

As you know,  in my recipe searches,  one of the requirements is EASY!!  I do not have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.  So,  I'm always looking for ways to make what I fix happen easier and faster.  Fajitas were one of those issues.  I had to stand at the stove browning the chicken and sauteing vegetables.  I always had two or three large skillets to clean up after dinner, plus the time lost with family.  I found this oven baked recipe at Real Mom Kitchen and was super happy!!!  I didn't even have to change anything for my picky family other than to double the recipe!!  

Here's what you'll need:
      1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
      2 tbsp vegetable oil
      2 tsp chili powder
      2 tsp cumin
      1/2 tsp garlic powder
      1/2 tsp dried oregano
      1/4 tsp salt
      1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
      1 medium onion, sliced
      1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I used a red and orange)
      
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degress.  Place the chicken strips in a greased 13x9 baking dish.

2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
3, Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.

4. Add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.

5. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. 

6. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.


I loved the fact I could mix it all together, put it in the oven and have 20-25 minutes to do other things (set the table, make some tea, cut up the lettuce and tomatoes for toppings, etc., etc.).  It was a win - win recipe for this busy mom!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment