Friday, January 18, 2013

PUB Style Chicken

I am fortunate enough to have a Publix very near my home.  I LOVE PUBLIX!!  It is my absolute favorite grocery store; awesome buy one get one deals, best meat in town,  awesome deli, and just a nice, clean store. 

One of my other favs is their Aprons Simple Meals.  If you go at the right time,  there is a lovely person near the front of the store fixing something very tasty.  Whatever they fix is usually from items they have on sale and so far I haven't tasted anything I didn't like!!  Last week was the Pub-Style Chicken.  Of course, I had to make a few changes to accommodate my picky eaters,  but even my version came out very tasty!!  The original recipe can be found here, but I'll show you my version.

Here's what you need:
     3 oz Cheddar cheese
     1/4 c soy sauce
     1 tbsp molasses
     1 tbsp garlic powder
     3/4 tsp pepper (divided)
     large ziploc bag
     1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
     5 oz package pre-sliced onions (about 2 cups)
     1 tbsp canola oil
     1/4 tsp kosher salt


1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and shred cheese.

2.  Combine soy sauce, molasses, garlic powder, and half of pepper in ziploc bag.  Add chicken and turn to coat.  Let sit for 30 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.

 3.  Toss fresh onions with canola oil, salt, and remainder of pepper.  Place onions in bottom of 13x9 baking dish, top with chicken and bake 20 - 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.  

About halfway through,  I cut the chicken into smaller pieces since I started out with large chicken breasts instead of chicken tenders.

4. Top chicken with cheese and bake an additional 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.  

I only topped half with cheese since not everyone likes cheese in my house!!

I served this over rice with some green beans and crescent rolls.  It was a hit and will be served again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment