Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving

Well, as usual, I am behind......story of my life.  So time to get caught up!!

4th - I'm thankful for loving, caring, christian parents.  I'm glad that they were more concerned with raising me than being  my friend.  As a parent,  I often find myself saying something just like my mom, or doing something the way my dad does.  My mom once told me, it wasn't her job to be my friend, but as an adult I did consider her my dearest friend and miss her greatly. As a child I thought life was pretty rough what with all those chores and rules and all!!!

5th - I'm also thankful for some wonderful in-laws.  You always hear such horror stories.  I'm so glad I don't have any of those.  I was blessed with sweet, caring, christian people.  Do we always agree?  Probably not,  but it always seems to work out.

6th - Since today is Sunday,  I'm thankful for my church.  We are truly blessed to be involved in a church that stands on the Bible and has not sacrificed the tried and true Word of God for the more contemporary, don't want to step on anyone's toes messages.     

I have so many things to be thankful for.  It is hard to just pick one (or in this case three).  I'm not sure 30 days will cover them all.  I may have to start combining :)

No comments:

Post a Comment