Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 24 - Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!! A day late of course.  I was a little busy yesterday:)  I am so thankful for all my family and the opportunity to spend the day with them.  I'm thankful for the cooking skills I have acquired over the years from watching my mom, grandma, mother-in-law, and now the internet.  That's right, the internet!! I've acquired some of my kids favorite recipes from the internet.  I have tweaked them a little,  but they are pretty good.  Hard to believe huh??

  I so enjoyed fixing our Thanksgiving Feast this year!!!  It was a lot of work and my hubby and oldest daughter pitched in and helped a lot.  Thank you both!!

On the menu:
              Turkey of course (I must say I think this one was the best I have made, EVER)!!
              Mashed Potatoes, sweet potatoes, turkey gray,  stuffing,  green beans,  corn,  glazed carrots,
              homemade mac n cheese,  five cup fruit salad
              Pumpkin pie and apple dumplins

It took all morning to make and about 30 minutes to eat, but was worth every minute.  My children declared I should fix meals like this every day.  Are they CRAZY???  On the bright side,  I did not have to do ANY of the clean up.  Hubby and the kiddos were on that all day.  Love Them!!!

Hope everyone had a very wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment