Monday, November 14, 2011

Days 12, 13, 14, and 15

Well, I have finally rested up from my work weekend.  So, time to catch up on my thankful list.

Day 12 - I am thankful for my health.  This past weekend we had several young patients on our unit (and by young, I'm talking early 30's)  and they were SICK!!!!!  It could have easily been me or hubby laying in that bed with all the respiratory junk going around. 

Day 13 - I am thankful that I had a good weekend at work (so rarely happens).  Most nights I'm doing dual roles because we don't have enough staff, but this entire weekend was nice.  We had all the nurses we needed and I only had to do my job.  That makes for a good weekend at work.

Day 14 - Now, I know this will sound silly, but I'm thankful for working appliances in my home.  We had to replace our washer and dryer back in April and just recently had to replace our dishwasher.  I'm here to tell you, this house would be miserable without any one of those items.  So thankful that God provided the means to replace them when they kicked the bucket.

Day 15 - Today while I am packing all my children up to take them to WV, I am thankful for home away from home.  I know that anytime I head up to WV, there is a place for me and my WHOLE crew.  Hubby and I both grew up there and our parents still reside there, so we can go back and forth and give them breaks.  Especially since I don't just travel with me and a few.  Now, it's me and a half dozen :)

So, now time to get back to packing.  I was suppose to leave today, but I'm gonna spend another day with hubby and not rush this packing thing.  It takes long enough as it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment