Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days Of Thanksgiving

Day 8 - Even with the craziness it presents at my house EVERY day, I'm thankful for the privilege to homeschool.  Sometimes it is very frustrating and I wonder if they are getting what they need.  Then, I hear them talking and recalling what we've learned.  I've even heard them correcting each others grammar. It makes me feel so good.  I love spending every day with them.  I also love the fact that I'm in control of what they learn and when.  Isn't that sheltering you ask?? Well, aren't we suppose to protect our children?? That's all I'm doing.  There are just some things I don't think they need to be exposed to at the age of 10, 11, 12, or even younger.  That's not to say I'm not preparing them for "the real world", but there is a time and a place to let them know what's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment