Monday, July 9, 2012

Popcorn Cupcakes

Such a cute idea!  Guess where I found it?  On the internet of course.  I wish I could take credit for it,  but I'm just not that creative on my own.  However,  when we decided on the carnival theme,  I thought these would be PeRfEcT!!  And,  I was right (as usual)!!

Quite simply mix up your favorite white or yellow cupcake recipe, top with white icing (we used cream cheese), and then popcorn???  The popcorn is simply mini-marshmallows cut almost in half (you just want to snip one end, but not all the way through) and then the other end is pinched together making them look like popcorn.  Then, dilute yellow food coloring and brush on top making it look buttered. 

They were a hit for the most part.  The funniest part of the entire party was one little girl would NOT eat them because she thought it really was popcorn and popcorn does not go on cupcakes.  So very cute.  We were unable to convince her they were just marshmallows.

1 comment: