Friday, July 13, 2012

Southwestern Steak Marinade

I love summer time grilling.  It is one of the only things I truly enjoy about summer.  Hubby does most of the grilling.  It's a guy thing, I think.  I gladly turn it over to him anytime!!! 

Here's a great marinade I found, just tweaked a bit:

        1/4 cup lime juice
         3/4 tsp garlic powder
         4 tsp chilli powder
         4 tsp canola oil
         1 tsp salt
         1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (cut this in half if you don't want "spicy" steaks)
         1 tsp black pepper

Mix it all together and let marinade for at least an hour, longer is better!! 

Get your grill ready!!  Ours takes a little longer since we have charcoal, but we love the smokey flavor it provides.  Then, grill the steaks to your liking.  My family prefers medium,  that's why hubby does most of the grilling because I tend to "overcook" them; not burnt mind you, just well done. 

 Delicious!!!  We had grilled corn on the cob, green beans, and watermelon with ours.  We will definitely be using this marinade again (may even try it on chicken). 

No comments:

Post a Comment