Monday, July 30, 2012

The Pool Is Finally Ready

For the past two or three years,  our above ground swimming pool has been a frog pond:(  The filter was broken,  the pump was broken and hubby didn't have the "ponds" ready to transfer his precious frogs to.  Well, the "ponds" still aren't finished, but I've had enough of the frogs, so I finally got hubby on my page and we decided to fix the pool for the kiddos - the froggies are on their own!!!

After a day of pumping and dumping out NASTY, and I do mean NASTY, algae tadpole filled water and many, many trips to Pool Pro; we finally had everything we needed to get it up and running.  THEN, there was a hole in the liner, and hubby broke the pump (AGAIN), I had to make another trip to Pool Pro, and football practice started!!  I thought hubby would never get it together.  So, I took matters into my own hands.  Hubby had pretty much placed everything where it needed to go, so I grabbed Mr Helper and got started.  After what seemed like FOREVER in the hot sun,  we got it all put together, let it sit the required 3-4 four hours so the silicone could dry, filled it up with water, PRAYED, and then turned it on.

 HALLELUJAH - It worked.  No major leaks,  but a valve is cracked, so ANOTHER trip to Pool Pro!!  That hasn't stopped us from swimming though, it's just a little leak!!
Finally, some summer fun in our "frog pond". 

1 comment:

  1. We've had our share of pool problems too, but always end up fixing them. The kids love having a pool, and they use it everys single day during the summer.

    ReplyDelete