Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Crock Pot Caramel Apple Cider

While I am not a big fan of apple cider,  I do have a child or two that really likes it.  Mr. Helper looks for it every year in the fall and my mom use to be his supplier.  He started asking last week when we were in WV for some apple cider, so I picked some up at the grocery store this morning and while he was drinking it plain,  I put some in the crock pot with a few extras.  I found the recipe here.  I must say,  it was very sweet and something I would definitely drink on a cool day.

Here's what you need:
     4 cups apple cider (stay tuned for a homemade recipe I'm going to try later on this week)
     3 tbsp caramel syrup
     1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
     1/4 tsp ground cloves
     4 tbsp whipped cream ( I didn't have any and the kiddos don't care for it,  but I will try it myself next                                                time)

Beyond the taste of the cider,  the smell while it was in the crock pot was absolutely amazing.  It definitely brought some fall to our house.  It made me want to get out the harvest decorations, so I did!!
 My mom's wash basin and stand
 Couldn't find my candles,  so I'll have to keep looking or go buy some more. 
 Inside of the front door
What guests coming to the front door will see.  

Not a bad start.  I still have a lot more to put out.  My porch display is by far my favorite.  I think I even like it more than my Christmas porch decor!!  I do love fall; Halloween and Thanksgiving!!  Let's not skip them and jump right to Christmas.  Let's enjoy the season!!!  I know I will.  Keep checking back,  I'm going to be trying several new recipes I've found as well as the fall decor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment