Monday, January 9, 2012

Let's Get Packing - Step 1

The countdown has begun.  It's 2012 and time for our biennial ( I used a new word) trip to Orlando!!!  We can't wait!!  The kids are so excited, hubby is excited and I'm ......WELL........I'll be honest, while I'm looking forward to our trip, the packing is daunting to say the least. In my years of packing this crew up, I've learned a few things and I'm going to try and put them to use.  My goal is to be completely packed up on the Thursday before we leave (Saturday).  NO COMMENTS HONEY!!!!!!

For those that know me, I am the world's best procrastinator.  Here's my excuse on this one,  there are so many of us and it's so hard to keep up with the laundry, there is always that one last outfit that needs washed, for everyone.  BUT,  this year,  I'm gonna beat it.  AGAIN, NO COMMENTS HONEY!!!

Here's my plan!  I'm packing in stages.  The first goal is to find all the swim wear, swim gear,  and beach towels and get them all packed up.  Yes, there is an ENTIRE suitcase dedicated to pool/beach time!!  I put all of our swim stuff in one place, that way when it's time to go to the pool or beach, we're not tearing open 8 suitcases looking for suits and towels.  I must admit this one was hubby's idea.  When I started doing this, I could fit it all into a small suitcase. It now requires a full size one!!



How relaxing!!  I wish we were already there!!!

Checklist for the Water Fun suitcase:

               At least 8 swim suits (I guarantee you there will be more, I have 3 girls)
               Arm floaties - the two boys are competent swimmers, but the rest ??????
               At least 8 beach towels and 2 beach blankets
               sun block
               Goggles
               Beach toys (balls, shovels/buckets, dive sticks, etc.)
               Little Swimmers for baby Samuel

I think that's about all we'll need!! Any other suggestions??  Step 2, my goal is the bathroom bags.  Before you ask,  yes it will require more than one!! 


2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of one suitcase for water stuff, especially for a large family like yours. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pool does look inviting!! Sounds like you're ahead of the game this time!

    ReplyDelete