Thursday, January 26, 2012

53 Dollar Double Stroller

I love a good deal. Doesn't everyone? Hubby and I had been contemplating a double stroller purchase for our vacation to Florida.  We had one many years ago when the boys were little, but honestly, I don't know if I sold it or what happened to it.  We decided, it would be a very long day for Mini-Me and us if she didn't have a place to sit and rest.  So, I started looking.  Double strollers aren't cheap!  We had a few requirements and of course that raised the price.  We looked at the sit n' stand, but the seat didn't recline for baby Samuel and he will need to nap in it.  I found one online at Babies R Us for $149.99.  Not a bad price and it had everything we wanted: reclining seats, trays for both seats and a cup holder for me and hubby. 





 They had to test it out.

Here's where the deal comes in. I had a 20% off coupon that had to be used by today, so off we went.  I got to Babies R Us and the stroller was marked down to $109.99, already $40 off.  Add the 20% off coupon and now we're down to $87.99.  Now, I had a $10 dollar gift card from a previous formula purchase deal; down to $77.99.  The best part,  I am a Toys R Us rewards member, so everything you spend goes toward coupons and Toys R Us bucks.  As you can imagine, a lot of Christmas presents were purchased at Toys R Us this year, so I earned $50 in Toys R Us bucks (which can be used at Babies R Us).  They divided them up and my first $25 in bucks were redeemable this week.  That makes the final price.....................................................(there's that drum roll again:))...............................$52.99 before taxes.   I could not be happier.  I was dreading spending $150.00 of our vacation money on a stroller, but God provided this deal, at just the right time, and it's everything we said we needed.

So, once again, when people ask me, how do you afford everything???  My answer, God always provides exactly what we need, when we need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment