I mentioned once about my favorite question, but I'd like to share the top 5 that have been asked to hubby or me.
Here we go!
1. Are they all yours? This one is my favorite. I'm going to respond sometime by saying, "Nope! I've picked them up here and there." I just want to see their faces.
2. Did you plan on having a big family? I don't really know. I didn't have a number in mind growing up. I didn't get out 2, 3, 4,or 6 dolls and play house. I just knew I wanted to be a mommy. My best friend growing up had two children about the same time I had my two oldest. She told me after her second daughter was born that she was done. I thought, how do you know that for sure. She told me I'd know when I was done. She was right. After baby Samuel, I had that I think this is it thought. I had never once had that thought before!!! I guess it could change, but for now, I'm done.
3. Don't you know how that happens? Well of course I do, I'm a nurse!!! Hubby once answered this with, "Yes, we practice daily." Imagine! That was to his childhood pastor. I know my face was red as a beet.
4. Do you not believe in birth control? Well, that's my business, isn't it?
5. How do you afford all those children? My only answer to that is by the grace of God. Our financial numbers very rarely add up. Hubby and I work very hard to provide for our family. We don't always have what we want, but we ALWAYS have what we need.
I love having a large family and will probably answer these questions for a long time. I think I'll try and come up with some really interesting answers. Any suggestions?