Monday, August 20, 2012

Not Back to School Blog Hop Week 3



The theme for this week is the students.  I have 5 this year, a little overwhelming I admit!!  Fortunately,  Mini-Me is still only 3 right now and is not really required to be schooled. Therefore,   her lessons are very simple, but they keep her involved in the routine.  Let's get started cause this could be a long post. 
This is Mr Helper. He is 14 and starting 9th grade. I did not use a picture taken during school, because I can't get one!!  He is in FULL teenager mode and anytime I get a camera out,  he hides or does something silly.  His name says it all, he is my helper!  He will do anything I ask (except let me take a picture) and usually without complaining (at least out loud).  He is great with the younger kiddos and gives me a break when I need it.  He is NOT a big fan of math,  but loves History. 
Next is Mr Gamer.  He is my "learner".  He is 12 and in the 7th grade.  He loves video games, legos, and building/putting things together.  His favorite subject is Science.  He likes for it to be quiet while he works,  which is a little difficult at times with 5 students, a baby, a dog, and two cats running around the house, but we do try.
Meet Princess 1, she is 10 years old and in 5th grade.  She is what I would call my most challenging student.  She is very smart,  but does not particularly like sitting at a desk for any length of time.  She's always telling me she just can't be still.  She loves to read about animals.  She loves to write stories and draw pictures.  Her favorite subject is Science.  She LOVES Science!!!
Introducing Princess 2, she is 8 years old and in the 3rd grade.  She is usually the only one excited about school starting.  She loves to learn and can't pick just one favorite subject.  So, her top choices would be reading, science, and math.
This is Mini-Me.  She is almost 4 years old and we are using some K4 curriculum I had from the others.  She has always wanted to be involved in our school day and I often had to print her coloring pages and other things to keep her occupied.  I'm hoping this year will be a lot of fun for her.  She is super excited to have her own desk, crayons, scissors, and glue to work with!!

Now that I've introduced all my students,  I  must also introduce the "distraction".  Baby Samuel is always right in the midst of the school day.  We often find him climbing on the empty desk, dumping someone's crayons out,  bringing toys into the middle of the room, and just generally being ornery. He is very into giving kisses right now and saying cheese whenever he sees a camera.  Here is a perfect example of what he brings to our day........

This is our sixth year of homeschooling and ,while at times challenging, it has been a wonderful journey.  I love seeing the light bulb come on when they finally get something they've been struggling with. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are one blessed {and busy} mama! :) Cute kiddos you've got!

    Blessings on your new school year!

    Jennifer
    {www.agelementary.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete