Saturday, August 25, 2012

Roasted Potatoes

Ever have one of those recipes you just "fix"? No measuring,  no thought  to it,  you just put everything together and move on.  This is one of those for me, they're so simple.  However,  I did measure everything out once and here's what you  need (for a family of 8 or course):
         8-10 red potatoes
         1/4 cup olive oil
         1/2 tbsp garlic salt
         1/2 tsp onion powder
         1 tsp parsley flakes
         1/2 tsp salt
         1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Cut the potatoes into bite-size cubes (you can peel the potatoes if you like,  we prefer them with the skin on). Place them in a roasting pan.  Add all the other ingredients and stir them up until all the potatoes are coated.  I put the lid on my roasting pan and shake them up, gets them good and coated and it's fun!!!  You of course can tweak the ingredients to your liking,  I usually don't even measure,  I just throw it all in there.  I can honestly say,  I've never messed these up (of course there's always next time).  Place in the oven.  Take a big spoon or spatula and stir them up every 15 minutes for 45 minutes (or until soft, all ovens vary).  Serve with a nice big steak, grilled chicken, pork chops,  or burgers and hotdogs; whatever you want, they pretty much go with anything. 
 Before the shaking
After the shaking,  I add a little bit of butter; because everything is better with butter..

I'm not sure what happened to the final picture, I know I took one.  You'll just have to trust that they look delicious.  I often take them to church functions, family functions, and whenever we have company.  They are just that easy and fail safe,  you can not and will not mess these up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment